How Do I Use the Free Daily Bible Study Emails?
Congratulations on Starting Free Daily Bible Study!
Thanks for subscribing to Free Daily Bible Study, and congratulations on getting started for your first day. This is a quick article to help you make the most out of each day’s email meditation. Everything is pretty simple, but you might discover a couple of features you didn’t realize were available to you.
Choosing Which Bible Passage to Read
In the subject line of each email—and at the top of the email, as shown here—you will see the main reading for the day. So, today’s main reading is Genesis 1. That reading is the first of four possible readings for the day. Free Daily Bible Study is based on the M’Cheyne Bible Reading Plan, which includes four readings each day.
But, those other three readings are optional. If you don’t have time to read all three passages, or if you are just getting started building the habit of reading the Bible for the first time, then by all means, only read the main reading for the day. It’s better to consistently read a smaller portion of Scripture than to get overwhelmed and never read anything at all.
Bonus Features After the Meditation (Part 1)
(1) This is the end of the meditation, so read all the way through this paragraph. 🙂
(2) If there are ever any references I cite, you’ll get the full citation information at the end of the passage, along with a link to where you can get that same reference on Amazon, if available.
(3) This is a link to see the page in the browser, which can be helpful if you want to share that link with a friend, share it to social media (although, see (5), below for more information on sharing to social media), or save the passage to Evernote.
(4) I record an audio version of the meditation as a podcast that you can download and listen to, if desired. The link to each day’s audio file is included here.
(5) Please share these meditations with your friends! A lot of people are looking for a good, daily Bible study, so you can play a key role in spreading the word about Free Daily Bible Study just by sharing these meditations on social media. Also, instead of simply clicking “Forward” in your email software, the feature “Forward to a Friend” helps to make sure that your friend can’t accidentally unsubscribe you if you pass the email along to them.
(6) I include this link not for you, but for your friends to have an easy way that they can subscribe if you forward this to them. So, you can disregard it, but if you forward this to a friend, let them know that there is a link to subscribe to Free Daily Bible Study at the bottom of the page.
Bonus Features After the Meditation (Part 2)
(7) These suggested resources at the end of the page might help you find other books that will help you study the Bible more. The links are affiliate links to Amazon, which means that if you click them and then buy something on Amazon, I get a small commission that helps cover the expenses for running Free Daily Bible Study. You don’t pay anything extra, and you aren’t obligated to use these, but if you do, you have my sincere gratitude for doing so!
(8) If you haven’t followed Free Daily Bible Study on social media, please do so now! Or, while you are here, why don’t you take a minute to do so through the links at the bottom of this page.
That’s all for this quick tutorial. Thanks again for subscribing to Free Daily Bible Study, and may God bless you richly as you study his word!